Pertains to Dutch Indonesian culture. By dutch Indonesian ex-pat.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

"The Web", a wonderful rear view mirror.

Peering into the past through the lens of our collective
memories, which many of us feel for some reason
compelled to publish on the worldwide web, I always
find trivial small facts of all kinds that I actually wasn't
looking for but stumbled upon nonetheless.
Thereby I imagine how those of us with way too much
time on our hands click away with our mouses and burn
the midnight oil... Or is it just me?

It starts after dinner, halfway through a marathon
of re-run shoot'm-ups on TV, after which I get up and shovel
to my comfort zone behind my little flat screen, as if guided
by remote control where I start off with a game of solitaire
until a spark of inspiration hits me to go look for
something I have yet to define.
One day these computers will define that for me too.

Giving in to that impulse, I usually find myself ending up
wondering through a rabbit hole. "Rabbit hole" is a
term aptly describing that feeling when I follow just a few of
the thousands of hits on my requests for a search.
And many of those hits linking me to yet another passage of this
labyrinth, which link me to yet another site etc. etc............. Or is it just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers